We all have times when events or feelings overwhelm us. I am sure we can all recall a memory of such a time. An opportunity to take back control is given below:
Simplicity is very often the best answer; to regain control we need to make a conscious decision and act on it; a simple algorithm of Think-Do (our chosen action rather than a reaction). Simply:
- Pick a point in your line of sight; maybe a mark on the wall, a nearby piece of furniture - anything will do
- Make a conscious decision to get up, walk to the object of your intent, and touch it
- Walk back to your starting point
Too simple? Just try it!
During my martial arts classes, the simplest exercises can have the most effect; try this:
- Stand up tall, and punch three times (or any other movement)
- Lie on the floor
- Stand up and repeat the punches.
- Continue for three minutes
To take back control, simplicity will calm you. Think your thoughts, do your action, then relax in the knowledge you are in control of both.